Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Exile From Palestine

I wrote the following to the author of an article in
Counterpunch, Eliza Ernshire. Her answer follows mine.
I posted her article on this BLOG on January 28th.


January 28, 2007

Dear Eliza,
I read your article, emailed to me by my son, and
wondered how many times my heart can break, over and
over and over.

I too left the West Bank, in May of 2006, leaving
behind a small house I had inherited from my husband
who died in February of 2006. I had thought I would
return in a few months. Now I'm wary of even trying
as I will spend the money to travel from the US to
Tel Aviv and then be denied a VISA.

I've sought the help of a US Congressman who promised
to try to obtain a VISA for me from the State
Department. My latest contact with his office was not
reassuring. After months they've had no reply from the
the State Department. The Israeli tale continues to
wag the American dog.

Were you connected with the Friend's Schools in Ramallah?

Peace and best wishes to you,
Bronwin

January 31, 2007

Dear Bronwin,
Thanks for your response to my position.
It is very trying as you suggest.
I hope to God you have success in your attempts...
And yes! I taught english and history at the
Boys Friends School since sep. last year!
All the best
Eliza.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home