Saturday, September 02, 2006

Correspondence with my classmate who is or was Chair of the New York Democratic party.
-Mom


>>To: "Bronwin Peel"
>Subject: RE: Letters from Palestine
>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:18:58 -0700
>
>Thanks so much, Bronwin. I did not receive your first reply so you certainly did not offend me quoting your father. In any event, I agree with you that the experience of growing up in Warren is being highly idealized by our peers, probably a common occurence. Actually, I got out of there as soon as I could! But I must say that I truly enjoyed the reunion and found our old classmates extremely kind and gracious (for the most part). Thanks so much for the tip about Rashid's news service. I will also send him the email of a friend of mine who has worked and lived in Saudi Arabia for many years, as well as in other middle eastern countries. He is exceedingly distressed about the vilfication of the entire Muslim and Arab world populations. Where are you living now, by the way?
>Great to hear from you ....
>Sincerely,
>JH
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Bronwin Peel [mailto:bronwinpeel@hotmail.com]
>Sent: Sat 8/19/2006 4:51 AM
>To: Judith Hope
>Subject: RE: Letters from Palestine
>
>Hi Judy,
>I rediscovered your email on my computer and decided to write. I've been
>concerned since I first answered this that I may have offended you by words
>I sent quoting my father. I forget that people who didn't know him didn't
>ignore his words as his family did. Also, emails often lead to
>misunderstanding as they contain no facial expressions or voice inflections.
>
>While I don't share the Mayberry, Happy Days memories of our hometown that my
>classmates seem to, I don't think it was the fault of the residents, more
>an effect of my family life. As far our class, I believe we were by and
>large a talented group. For example, Jake Turner, Larry Larance, and aren't
>you or weren't you chairman of the Democratic party of New York. Having
>lived in New York state for a number of years I realize that was one
>tremendous achievement even though you grew up in a political family.
>
>My son is on the staff of the Washington Report on Middle East
>Affairs. He has access to many fine articles on the Middle East that do not
>make it into the mainsteam media. He's started a news service that's
>entirely free. If you send him an email at xxxxxxxxx, tell
>him you're an old classmate of mine, he'll be happy to add you to his list.
>
>Best wishes,
>Bronwin>
>
>
>
>
>
> > >Subject: Letters from Palestine
> >Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:37:08 -0400
> >
> >I am very moved by your blog site. You learned this in our little southern hometown. I don't think so. What happened?
> >JH aka Judy Hollensworth many moons ago
> >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home