Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 14,2006

Bronwin,
I will be going so maybe we want to meet up at my work and go together. What do you think?

Najwa



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Bronwin Peel
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 8:03 AM
To: Meetin House Listserve
Subject: Karen Armstrong, author of The History of God, lectures on Islam


Dear Friends,
Karen Armstrong who wrote one of the most memorable
books I've read, The History of God, will speak on
Islam at the National Press Club on November 20th.

It's in the middle of the day. However, I plan to
attend and thought there would be others in the
meeting who would do so as well. Here is an
opportunity to know Islam without the fundamentalist
bias of either Christianity or Islam, an opportunity
to see how another people perceived God through the
prism of their cultural conditioning.

I believe when we understand the core beliefs of all
the Abrahamic religions, the yearning for a God we
can never fully understand, but only be awestruck by
the mystery, we can deliver ourselves from the
fundamentalism that is threatening the survival of our
world.

I've cut and pasted below the attachment sent to me.
The lecture is free but early registration is
required.

Peace,
Bronwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home